Carbon Monoxide (CO) can be found in low levels in the air and in homes through our fireplaces, water heaters, and vehicles to name a few. This invisible, odorless, colorless gas has the potential to become extremely harmful, even deadly, if present in high levels for a short amount of time as well as in low levels for a long amount of time. CO detectors, such as the nighthawk carbon monoxide detectors, constantly monitor the level of carbon monoxide in the area where they are set up. The alarm is set off based upon an increase of carbon monoxide over time. Having knowledge of the placement of carbon monoxide detectors will help you keep your home safe from CO poisoning.
Knowing where to place carbon monoxide detectors (and ensuring it is loud enough to awaken you) is extremely important. As a result of this gas being present with rising, warm air, CO detectors should be approximately 5 feet higher than the floor, may be set up on ceilings, and kept away from all flame-generating equipment, including fireplaces. The nighthawk carbon monoxide detector
allows for many placement options including table top, a 6â€™ AC power cord or direct-plug. It can find and collect information of concentrated CO levels from 11-999 PPM, all while updating every 15 seconds, on the digital display, the amount of carbon monoxide being sensed. The Peak Level option tells the highest level of carbon monoxide recorded since the last time the alarm was unplugged or reset. It weighs only 1lb., has an audio alarm of 85dB at 10 feet, and comes with a 5 year warranty. Unlike many detectors, the nighthawk carbon monoxide detector comes with a 9V backup battery in addition to the AC power cord, so your detector doesn’t cease to protect your loved ones, even during a power outage.